Friday, May 13, 2011

Brotherhood

Thank you all for your positive comments.  I haven't been the best "friend" on this site, but I am now dedicated to being on top of this. Meaning I will start follwing better and commenting! Anyway, I did get a couple people asking about the show Brotherhood. I just finished watching seasons 1 and 2, which is all there is so far. I hope it continues. It has got to be one of the best shows I've seen.  It is so realistic. Not just the storyline, but the characters themselves. They really have you get to know the complexity that comes with living with these two kinds of people : The mobster and the Politician. Which, not to much surprise, are very similar lifesyles.  Both brothers have to do shady shit to keep their hometown, The Hill, in Rhode Island, the way they think it ought to be. Lots of behind the scene deals, shady poitics, ass kissing, rats....you get the idea. I just love how the younger brother looks down on his mobster bro, when they are so much alike. I also love the acting. The wife of the politician is Beautiful!  She also does this role perfectly.  Plus you get her and others in full on nudity, which I like because it's more realistic, none of the sheet dresses, hiding their bodies even though they supposedly just had sex, , if you know what I mean.  This show is so realistic, to me anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if it is based on real lives.  The writing is amazing, very authentic and full of wit.  Every character has their story, and they evolve. Plus it's pretty full of surprises, not predictable like many shows. Even the cops are far from honest.  The thing I hate about most shows is that the characters stay the same no mattter what, Scrubs comes to mind.  In Brotherhood, the characters are always changing, just like real life.  The show can be pretty graphic with the violent scenes and sex scenes, but I like that. Again cause it's more realistic. There is also a strong sense of family unity. I could go on and on. I just love seeing all the shit we don't see in real life that happens behind closed doors in our government.  If you watch and like the show, let me know. I would love to talk about it. If it continues this way, it could be a far better show than Sopranos, which is hard for me to say.

4 comments:

  1. Really? I just might check this out. I wonder if it is being aired here though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to remove captcha, kate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post, I'll check this out.

    ReplyDelete